Tuesday, January 03, 2012

I hate New Years Resolutions...

...So that's not what I'm going to call this.

This is me trying to better myself. This is me creating a future for myself. This is me taking charge of my very own, one and only, self :D

I'm headed to the gym today. And Thursday. And Friday. And many more days after that. I have a goal in mind and I'd like to see what happens on the way there. On October 21st, 2012 I will be running 13.1 miles through Columbus, OH. Even if it kills me. Registration opens January 21st and I will be in line.

I set a goal 2 years ago that I want to run the Cincinnati flying pig marathon in 2012. Well I've come to terms that that most likely isn't going to happen. But I have 10 months + a few weeks to get in shape for the Columbus half marathon. I can do this. I can do whatever I want.

I think I'm putting this out there to give myself some accountability. So please, hold me accountable, as I will be holding myself accountable. I will be blogging along the way, mostly for myself I think...so that when this is all done I can look back and really see how far I've come :D Because I'm pretty sure it will be a blur along the way.

Today I am tired and have a bit of a cold. I'm not gonna let that stop me. I'm gonna push past the crap knowing that when I accomplish my goal I'm gonna feel so good that all the colds and lack of sleep won't matter....I look at some of the people in my life and see what they can accomplish in the face of some really crappy situations and I think well if they can do that, surely I can do this.

So here I go.

No comments: